Search Engine Friendly Ecommerce Web Design
Looking to create an ecommerce website, add the capability for visitors to purchase your products online or give your existing ecommerce website a facelift? Accrete Web Solutions can help. We provide ecommerce websites to suit your budget, big or small.
Search engine friendly ecommerce web design
to grow your business' online presence.
What type of ecommerce website are you looking for?
There are different types of ecommerce websites.
- Product catalogue complete with checkout process which provides your visitors an online shopping experience.
- Product catalogue for visitors can see what type of work you do or products you manufacture. Possibily you are an artizan who accepts work on a job by job basis or are a manufacturer/wholesaler which has designated distributors your product or services are provided through which does not require the capability to purchase online.
- Information website to supplement your offline sales calls providing user manuals, examples of your work, etc.
Maybe you need all 3 parts as your overall marketing plan? No problem we can handle it.
Do You Need a Catalogue or Full Ecommerce Website?
One thing those new to the ecommerce scene get confused about is product catalogues and shopping carts.
A product catalogue is the part of your ecommerce website which displays what products and/or services you offer. The details and specifications of these products and services are shown. A product catalogue may or may not incorporate the capability to actually purchase your products or services.
A full ecommerce website includes both a product catalogue and a shopping cart.
The shopping cart portion of an ecommerce website is where the user actually purchases your wares. Just like when you shop at a brick and mortar store, you go to the till with your shopping to actually checkout (purchase) items in your shopping cart. Each item is shown in the cart, shipping and taxes are shown, discount coupons applied and their total bill is calculated. The customer then provides their name, address and contact information plus shipping information (if different from their billing information) and their method of payment. The payment is then processed, you get a notice of the order to process and the purchaser receives a receipt, just like offline purchases.
To run a successful ecommerce website which uses a shopping cart you will need:
- Some shopping cart programming.
There are different shopping cart progrmming available. It can be incorporated with the ecommerce software you have chosen to use or via an external shopping cart which only collects the items added to the actual shopping cart.
- Secure collection of purchaser's information.
Ever noticed the little lock at the right side of the address bar when you have purchased online yourself? That lock icon indicates the information you are providing is being collected via a secure server. To provide this for your own ecommerce site you will need a security certificate when using a self hosted ecommerce software package, to use a 3rd party shopping cart which has a security certificate and a payment processor which processes payments via a secure server.
- A payment processor.
A payment processor is the service which verifies the user's purchase method then processes their payment. For those with an offline payment processor the cart can be set up to only notify you of the order then you process the payment manually with your debit machine/credit card device yourself. Not all payment processors are created equally. You need to research the one which will work best for your business.
We will work within your budget.
Scalable flexible search engine friendly ecommerce solutions.
Ecommerce Website Features
Which ecommerce website features do you need?
- Unlimited number of products can be added or are you planning to keep things small with a narrow focus?
- How would you like to manage your orders? Need to track shipments? Track orders? Email customers?
- Will you be offering discount coupons?
- Is your site going to grow large enough you need a product search function?
- Will your products/services need options available?
- Would you like to be able to show customer reviews with your product/service listing?
- Need to show some cross-sell items (You might Also Like) with your products/services?
Search Engine Friendly Construction
Not only do you need all the features and functions listed above, you also need your ecommerce site constructed using the proper search engine friendly techniques which will get you found in the search results.
Using the techniques specified by the search engine guidelines, your ecommerce website will be constructed using all the available and compliant techiques available.
Request your free estimate today! Please include the details of what features you would like included, if you wish to use a hosted ecommerce solution, whether you would like to maintain the site using Dreamweaver® or Expression® Web to maintain the site, if you require a custom, semi custom or premade ecommerce web design included and details about the type of business you will be running.