Website Ownership Philosophy
People have come to us a numberous times in a bind because they do not have all the information to take control of their websites. We do not work that way.
Be in Control of Your Online Business
At Accrete Web Solutions we believe the business owner should be in control of all facets of their online business. Our website ownership philosophy is that the business owner should have all logins and passwords to all the services the business uses on the web.
Domain Name Registration
When you register your domain name you will be given an account complete with user name and password. You need this information to change the DNS (Domain Nmae Server) information when you change hosting and when it comes time to renew your domain name. Some website owners do not have this information because someone else registered the domain for them.
At Accrete Web Solutions we do thing differently. If you ask us to register a domain name on your behalf you will get:
- A copy of the information we filled out on your behalf.
- The contract/customer id your account was given.
- Your user name and password to be able to change the DNS information and renew your doamin name.
- A copy of the online receipt confirming your payment went through.
We strongly believe (from past experience) that having your web hosting account separate from your domain registration account is best. Some sites are not set up like this and the owners run into problems when there is a dispute.
Ask for our assistance securing web hosting and you will get:
- A copy of your application for the web hosting account.
- Details of what your hosting account includes.
- Your login and password for the account.
- Your FTP information. You need this to upload and backup your website/blog.
- A copy of the online receipt confirming which hosting package you signed up for and that your payment was accepted.
If you run an ecommerce section of your website or blog there is information you need to have to log into it and make adjustments or backup the information. Some ecommerce packages require 2 sets of information, the admin site and the database side.
For an ecommerce site set up by Accrete Web Solutions you will receive the following:
- The admin url for the ecommerce software. This is the web address where you go to make changes to the store.
- Your administration user name and password.
- The database connection information if your ecommerce software requires a database.
Blog Set Up
Blogs are another area where some blog owners are missing vital information connected to their blog. e.g. Administration login and password, database connection information, shopping cart information
When we set up a blog for you (self hosted is our preferred method) we will provide:
- The administration url where you go to administer and add blog posts to the blog.
- A blog uses a database so we also provide the database connection information used.
- If your blog uses a shopping cart your login, password and administration information will be provides.
You may not realize this but any of the Google services you use for your site (Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Gmail, Adwords, etc.) are associated with one Google account. Once logged into the account the person has access to all the Google Services associated with the account.
When we set up Google Services for a client we:
- Set up a Google Account if they do not have one yet and provide the account name and password. You will be advised to change the password once we are done.
- Send you the information pertaining to the Google service you asked us to set up for you.
As you can see from above our website owner phylosopy is honesty with our clients. You will have all the information you need to be in control of your online prescence if you work with Accrete Web Solutions.