Do It Yourself Website Templates
Are you a hands on type website owner looking for a website template for your project? Maybe you have Dreamweaver®, Expression® Web or a content management system where you just need the layout and it's coding done. Accrete Web Solutions can help you out.
Take a look at what our website template packages include. You might see some things not typically included in website template packages and some things you didn't know you needed.
We can provide:
- Dynamic Web Templates
- Web Templates using Microsoft®'s includes
- Custom website templates
- Semi custom website templates
- Premade website templates
Do It Yourself Website Template Packages
Website templates are a set of files and images which, when assembled, create the theme (look) of your website. The set includes:
- A basic template which is reused for each of your web pages to provide consistancy throughout your website. Visitors "learn" how to use your website through repetition. Also, you never know which page the visitor will enter your site via therefore it is important to include typical web page elements on each and every page. This will entice the visitor to explore the rest of your website.
- An external stylesheet which is linked to from each of your web pages making it easy to update and make site wide changes to the theme of your website. This also reduces web page file size as internal and inline styling is not repeated across pages. An external stylesheet also makes website maintenance easier for the Do It Yourself website owner.
- Images required for the theme of your website.
- Some basic additional pages a website must have which are included:
- Contact form. Some people could arrive at your site from a computer they do not own or that does not have an email program installed. By providing a contact form you have your bases covered for these people.
- Custom 404 error page. A 404 error page appears when someone arrives to your site via an incorrectly formed link or you removed the page and forgot to do a 301 permanent redirect to another page within your site. If a custom 404 error page is not included with your website the visitor will see the web hosts default error page. A custom 404 error page will keep the visitor from being surprised or lost as to what happened and is an opportunity for you to send them to another page within your website.
- .htaccess file. An .htaccess file can only be used on an Apache server (which most of you would be using). It is used to provide web server level instructions to designate which version of your website address you want the search engines (and people) to access, for 301 permanently redirecting visitors and search engines to replacement pages when a page is removed (so you don't loose the incoming links you had to it and to inform the search engines it has moved) and some other server level instructions.
- robots.txt file. The robots.txt file is where you put instructions for the polite search engines bots (not all are polite) to tell them which folders you want them to stay out of. e.g. would be the folder with your scripts in it.
From the basic website template you can (and should make) these essential web pages:
- Site Map page. The HTML site map is readable by everyone, including the search engines. It lists the pages on your website as a reference for those who want to find something quickly, those that get lost once your site gets big enough and is a vehicle for those web bots that do not support the Sitemap protocol to find your pages.
- About Us page. This page describes how your past history and qualifications will help your visitors.
- Policies page. This page (or these pages) explain your
business policies. You can do the following over multiple pages or all
in one page.
What data you collect about your visitors and how you use it.
If there are any specific rules about using your site.
- Shipping Charges and Policies
How the shipping charge is calculated, how you ship products, and policy about lost or damaged items.
- Payment Policies
What forms of payment you accept, how taxes are calculated, when people are invoiced and how people are invoiced.
- Return Policy
How they are to return products, who pays for the shipping of returned item(s) and how much of a refund they will recieve.
We of course can include the above essential web pages as a starting point for you to fill in the content so you do not forget to do them. Just ask for them when ordering.
There maybe additional files included in your website template package which add functionality to the site. This varies from website to website.
Dynamic Web Templates (DWT)
If you are a Dreamweaver® or Expression® Web user these two HTML editors can use a technology called dynamic web templates (DWT). We can prepare your template for use of this technology if you wish.
Microsoft® Design Time Includes
Microsoft® has it's own design time includes technology included with their Expression® Web editor. Those that used FrontPage in the past would remember these. It is a techology where you can divide up your template into separate files for easier section editing, update affected pages and be able to view your changes on your computer. We can provide your template set up to use this technology if you wish.
Custom Website Template
A custom website template is a website theme which is exclusive to your website.
Custom graphics and colour scheme are created to convey to your website visitors what your small business is and what it does.
The cost of your custom website template will depend on what features you wish to have included in the template and how many sub pages you would like us to start you off with.
Request your free estimate today!
Semi Custom Website Template
A semi custom website template would be one where you come to us with a template from somewhere else (and are permitted by the terms of sale to edit it yourself) or with your existing template and want some revisions and/or improvements.
Creation of some additional graphics, rearranging the layout, adding or deleting some features, cleaning up the coding are all possible. Just send us your To Do List.
Note: If you want existing graphics edited you will need to provide the original file(s) they were created with, not the web ready files used on your website.
Request your free quotation today. Don't forget to include your To Do List in the comments section.
Premade Website Template
Sometimes budgets are really tight allowing for maybe just a company logo to be done. If this is the case, we have some premade basic templates we can show you or guide you to somewhere to purchase a bit fancier website template and still keep within your budget.
Contact us today. We will be glad to help you find a premade website template to suit your budget. Please note your budget in the comments box.